Monday, April 20, 2009

Maineteam Spring Photo Challenge!












I've been having a great time taking photos around Happytown for the Maineteam's Spring Photo Challenge. Here's all of my favorites (plus one of the old truck that I couldn't resist:) I am in love with this time of year...the waking world around me, but with no blackflies or mosquitos yet! Our garden is getting ready for planting, and I'll get the cool weather crops in today - peas, spinach, radishes...yum!
My official entry is the second photo of the budding tree limb. I wish there was a way to photograph the sounds of spring as well; the rushing stream as the winter snow melted away, the chorus of peeper frogs I heard last night, the mating calls of the woodcocks in our woods. Guess these photos will haved to do!
Can't wait to hear who the winner is! Thanks to Jenna (AutumnEquinox.etsy.com) for organizing this challenge and donating her beautiful earrings for a prize!



1 comment:

  1. lovely photos! I especially like the old truck. I love Spring, too, and your sound descriptions are wonderful. Good luck on the photo contest. The tree bud is exquisite. What kind of tree is it?

    ReplyDelete