It is finally here! Christmas is over...new year's as well. The days are slowly getting longer, but that doesn't help with the thought of Spring being so far away. Even on a nice sunny day I'm preferring to sit in a sunny window with my seed catalogs rather than go outside for any length of time. Here's my latest recipe for dealing with cabin fever:
1. Don't have children. They will officially drive you crazy being stuck inside during cold, snowless days.
2. Love wool. Anything. Really. Not only does it keep you warm in a multitude of ways, if you learn to knit, crochet, spin, or needlefelt the lanolin in the wool will keep your hands from drying out and cracking.
3. Dream of going anywhere warm. My favorites are, in this order: North Carolina, Jamaica, New Zealand/Australia, Hawaii, California, Bahamas...
4. Visit friends, join facebook, do anything that makes you feel like you're part of a community - okay, this may only apply to people living out in the boonies.
5. Netflix helps, as does high speed internet.
6. Cook lots of comfort food. My favorites: moose stew, turkey pot pie, brownies, pot roast. Yum.
7. Marry someone who LOVES the cold, dreams of the cold, can't get enough of the cold. If you're lucky they'll drag you out in it enough that you can enjoy yourself, too!